PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 23rd Nov 2020, 11:38
Enos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluewhy

For my 6 cents worth I disagree.

Dubai is a hub and as much as we read about point to point it doesnt work 100% of the time, hubs will be required to get to airports that simply can’t attract point to point traffic Perth to Muscat for example.

Perth to London attracted a lot of media attention when Qantas started the route, how much cargo do they carry on that route ? Cargo is 25% of the revenue of some airlines, airlines can lower their fares by offering shorter legs carrying cargo and leaving fuel behind, ever looked at the passenger profile of some people you’ve flown over the years, they bought the ticket because of the price.

380s (I fly the 777) you can get more passengers into airports that have limited slots, everyone says the 380s good for London, Sydney etc ... it’s great for Dubai with its two runways and passengers love it!

We may not see 100 380s flying in 2024 but it will be around with Emirates for some time in big numbers.

Last edited by Enos; 23rd Nov 2020 at 11:50.