PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QantasLink trainee first officer...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2020, 10:34
nigelsomers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
I recommended that pathway a little while back to a bloke in your situation and he ended up at QLink. Its also the pathway I took many years ago and I am now in the LHS of a jet. Nothing is guaranteed but as I understand the situation, instructing is still the one area of aviation that hasn't been hit badly by C19. Given the size of your debt at the moment extra for an instructor's rating won't be that much but you won't be able to put it on fee help. Your best option would be to do the rating with a school that can offer you a job afterwards. Thats my advice, others have a different view especially about instructing but from where I am currently sitting I haven't flown for a while but instructors havent stopped. Good luck and hang in there.
Thanks for that! I have asked around and the uptake of instructors is on standby. Even though the instructors at my college were working off their feet to get us through the course. I will consider the instructor rating if all else fails... thanks for your help!