PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA SEP revalidation by exp. microlights
Old 22nd Nov 2020, 09:57
baleares

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA SEP revalidation by exp. microlights

Apologies if this has been answered previously. I can't find it on the forum.

I'm looking for the specific EASA documents that state that 3 axis microlights can now be used to fulfil hourly requirements for SEP revalidation. So far, I have discovered the following in but I am confused by the emboldened (condition a). How does this mean that the aircraft used can be a "microlight"!? Help much appreciated.

From Annex I to ED Decision 2020/005/R AMC and GM to Part-FCL — Issue 1, Amendment 9
AMC1 FCL.140.A; FCL.140.S; FCL.740.A(b)(1)(ii) Recency and revalidation requirements All hours flown on aeroplanes or sailplanes that are subject to a decision as per Article 2(8) of the Basic Regulation or that are specified in Annex I to the Basic Regulation should count in full towards fulfilling the hourly requirements of points FCL.140.A, FCL.140.S, and FCL.740.A(b)(1)(ii) under the following conditions: Annex I to ED Decision 2020/005/R Page 7 of 61 (a) the aircraft matches the definition and criteria of the respective Part-FCL aircraft category, class, and type ratings; and (b) the aircraft that is used for training flights with an instructor is an Annex-I aircraft of type (a), (b), (c), or (d) that is subject to an authorisation specified in points ORA.ATO.135 or DTO.GEN.240.