PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you do it again?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2020, 09:15
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
would you do it again
It's the "again" that's the problem...times have changed, aka "the past is another country, they do things differently there".

I've just finished a multi decade career which encompassed flying past pointy things, military jet instructing, and then onto a few decades commercially, long haul, and command on a couple of Boeing's finest...and pretty decent T&Cs.

If I could cut and paste that career path then sure, I'd probably put it on the list of recommended careers.

Anybody starting now, going straight into the commercial airline world now is looking at T&Cs heading in a questionable direction, certainly short term, in many cases multiple decades of flying variations of PBN/RNAV type approaches - not really much "slipping the bonds"....and I rather suspect seeing the advent of single pilot Ops, even on large airframes......

I'd hesitate to recommend the job now to any bright or very bright young person...I'm in agreement with Hawker..they should at least get the money first and then either fly for fun or go into the career later, accepting all that brings with it.