PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie SAS report
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2020, 07:59
Chugalug2

Received 232 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Deltasierra010
Not “Ambivalent”, if you train soldiers to be killing machines however much psychological profiling you do there comes a point where someone will loose control, we have to recognize it is going to happen in the heat of combat. Senior officers know it is going to happen, it is the cost of getting the job done and it the politicians that sent them in the first place so they are culpable too.

That is entirely different to the cold blooded execution or abuse of prisoners or non combatants, so don’t confuse the issue
You seem to have taken what I posted personally, DS. I was addressing the comments of others and of course the OP which concerns an ADF report.

I will reply to your quote above though. If you think any member of the Armed Forces is trained solely as a "Killing Machine" then you can have no knowledge of serving in the Armed Forces. Every member regardless of rank, regardless of Service, regardless of Unit, is answerable under Military Law. As to losing control under psychological stress, yes of course that happens, always has, always will. It is the duty of seniors, commissioned and non-commissioned, to look out for such symptoms and remove such people from the front line to receive appropriate treatment. Otherwise discipline breaks down and battles are lost. It is the supervisory aspects that have so badly failed here and been so blatantly ignored it seems.

This thread is about instances of the cold blooded execution of prisoners. It is you who is confusing the issue.