PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I Love Being an Aircraft Engineer
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2020, 22:40
Cat Techie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Krystal n chips
I don't suppose getting paid and going home is quite what you are looking for.

However, you've posed a very interesting question, one with a multitude of answers because we're all different and "one mans meat " etc. I think it's important, as a former trainer, to explain to the aspiring engineers just how much diversity there can be and in essence, to look at any element that really appeals.....then ask them... why ?

Given "over there " is a bit different to "over here ", in some respects, it's not a bad idea to try and illustrate the pro's and con's of say, the airline world. Biz jet, G.A. Vintage Rotary to name but a few...or component shops, although why anybody would willingly work in a bay is a mystery to me given the RAF kindly insisted I did....I wasn't entirely in agreement you understand.

As the F.E has now been replaced by a couple of television screens, the next best option would be a flying spanner with a cargo outfit. Personally, I always liked Line engineering, ( free international food and coffee ) but do stress Alaska, for example, gets a bit cool in the winter, whereas Florida doesn't in this respect.

I appreciate the above may seem a bit light hearted, but, as I say, you've posed a question with a multitude of potential responses so I hope this helps in some small way.
Working in a bay gave you a better understanding of systems theory.