PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2020, 17:12
commit aviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRatSTN

Noted that MAG are keen to do a deal with Ryanair and I am sure there will be others. However, the aircraft need to operate to somewhere and that somewhere needs to be where the public want to go in reasonable numbers (for instance Spanish holiday resorts.) The interesting bit will be whether the airports that are prepared to offer deals will align and who bends first. I think most Spanish airports are operated by AENA still? If they don't choose to play ball, will Ryanair operate anyway because that is where the British public want to go and be grateful they have a deal at the UK end? Perhaps AENA will do a deal and so Ryanair operate to all UK airports making MAG wish they hadn't been so quick. (assuming the deal is done.)
I think there are a lot of variables at play and first mover might be an advantage but could equally bite some on the backside.
Ultimately lets hope that "aviation wins" and that the process sees passengers back in the sky as soon as the vaccine begins to roll out in reasonable quantities (whenever that might be.)