PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie SAS report
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2020, 03:22
dr dre

Received 356 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by FWRWATPLX2
IF we were not there, on the day, witnessing it with our own eyes, then we do not really know.
This is where your argument falls apart. There were plenty of soldiers there, on the day, witnessing it with their own eyes, who eventually decided those acts were immoral and criminal and blew the whistle on them.

Every war, throughout history has endured the same tragedies with Prisoners of War and innocent non-combatants being killed.
But not to similar degrees. Look at how Allied forces treated German and Italian POWs vs Japanese POWs. Or how Germans treated Soviet POWs vs Allied POWs..

Who cries for them? The perpetrators are enshrined national heroes.
You could say that’s a bad way to memorialise perpetrators of evil deeds, but on a national conscience level maybe the correct way to do it is how the Germans did it. The only people from the 30’s and 40’s the German military bases any ethos on is the resistance leaders like von Stauffenberg. Soldiers killed are remembered for their loss but acts of valour are not commemorated, even those conducted by troops who had no Nazi links.

Time to wake up to the realities of war. These SAS soldiers are not fallen angels. They were specially selected for certain personality attributes, then trained by designed to be efficient killing machines.
I’m sure those personality attributes would have included having above average intelligence and discipline above the the standard soldier which would ensure they are less likely to commit illegal acts. It would include being very precise with their output of force to ensure only necessary targets are engaged. I’m sure it would have included not carrying throw downs to plant on bodies to deceive investigators.

Have a go. I have thick skin and basically don't give a sh_t what you reply.
It doesn’t matter what you post either, because it won’t be used as a legal defence for alleged murderers who are facing life in prison.