PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2020, 13:43
JSCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
"so called Scotland's Airline"
How DARE those little upstarts step outside of their own wee playground!
Look, Loganair are one of the few turboprop operators left in play and they picked up IOM-LCY when BA dropped it. They also moved it to LHR when LCY was closed, flying out of T5 before the BA flight nos were dropped. Now with IOM govt support they are looking to move it back to LHR for reasons of connecting IOM to the wider world. Isn't that a GOOD THING?
Being fimilar with the situation, I think you're pushing it a little far there.

The Government went out to the market and asked all the airlines to come up with a proposal for operating London routes and Loganair's was the most aggresive.

But to your points, BA moved the flights to LHR on their own accord as City was closing. I'm not sure it's to do with connecting people to the world, Loganair doesn't really have any agreements to facilitate that, it's more of a vanity thing for all those involved. The Isle of Man Government are having to commit substantial amounts to this new flight.

Yes it is a good thing and the agreement is to run until the end of the border situation / COVID easing - so probably until May time - but I'm not convinced the costs of going to Heathrow are appropriate to be honest when the City loads are so dire.