PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 20th Nov 2020, 00:12
bringbackthe80s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgetting all the cases/numbers/bill gates predictions, the simple truth is that the very environment for which these airlines have been created simply does not exist anymore and will not exist for a relatively long time.
This applies to many other businesses too.

Now, you either face and approach this trying to reinvent a business that simply doesn’t make any financial sense anymore as it is right now, or you sit and wait for things to go back to 2019 which they will not.
Many government backed airlines were losing money before covid anyway so I don’t thing a change is coming soon for those. After all, air transport is a NEED, a STRATEGIC ASSET, and a SERVICE for the governments and the community. And it should be seen and backed as such. And supported when times are not ideal. We are not selling birthday cards here.

But for any business which actually tries to make some money, well they either change completely or you know what happens next.
We’ll see which airlines have the most visionary managers, and the governments with the deepest pockets (the latter one being the only real chance of survival right now, as simple as that). But if you ask me, good luck with waiting for the British family going on a Thai holiday.

Last edited by bringbackthe80s; 20th Nov 2020 at 00:32.