PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod XV 256 accident (1980)
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2020, 19:27
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
It would seem that the FAI that should have been triggered by this tragic accident was denied to the families of the deceased because of a cosy stitch up between the MOD and the Crown Office that, according to DV, probably began with this very accident . He has managed to ensure that such a disreputable stitch up has now ceased. I cannot understand the hostility that his enquiries into this fatal accident have engendered. Every time a light is shone into the murky corridors of the MOD the same knee jerk responses occur. The cover up of the illegal actions of RAF VSOs who subverted the UK Air Safety system has been exposed, not by the MOD, not by Judicial Inquiries, not by Parliament, not by the Media, but by a bunch of civilians. So nothing happens, the wagons draw closer, the cover up continues, and avoidable accidents and needless deaths continue.

If professional aviators can't be bothered to demand a reform of this rotten system they should at least desist from denigrating those like DV who work to stop the gross waste in blood and treasure going on and on.

Beating my drum? Bloody right, and I'll go on doing so!