PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aussie SAS report
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2020, 11:31
dr dre

Received 367 Likes on 201 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
I must say it's always the way, those that sit and judge do so from the comfort of a nice warm office and have never actually been out at the sharp end.... and I mean the sharp end, foot patrols and in contact in the theaters involved, not inspecting mess halls and issuing dress regs.
Originally Posted by SOPS
I just think .. if you were not there., you can’t judge .
And this is the biggest fallacy being promoted about these crimes. That the pencil pushers sitting safely in office buildings back home are unfairly judging our heroes who had to make life or death decisions on the frontlines.

Utter and Absolute nonsense.

All of these allegation and the entire impetus for the inquiry came from serving Special Forces soldiers who had deployed to frontlines alongside those who had done the killings and who had the moral courage to report them. Not pencil pushers, not armchair generals, not politicians, not the media, on the frontline special forces operators.

SAS members who witnessed a VC recipient kick a civilian off a cliff and then order him to be shot

An SAS medic reporting the murder of a civilian patient he had just treated

An SAS Signals Intelligence Officer reporting unjustified killings and planting of evidence to justify them

Former Commando confessing his own involvement in covering up a war crime