PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S76A++ end of the road????
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2020, 06:09
Channel Flyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mark Harrisson
Yes, that is all correct and then we had the latest dash number Quiet MGB fitted and put a lot of effort into weight reduction and fore and aft C of G to ensure she flew nice and smooth and fast and to keep her really smooth changed control rod end bearings as soon as they started showing any play. Made a big difference. In the end she landed up with C++ gear boxes and could have accepted the S76D blades. That really would have made her very smooth, reduced the cruise fuel burn and improved the vertical performance. Never got to that bit, which remains a regret. It is an aircraft I have a lot of time for as it is so well tuned to its task and whether you are sitting in the front or back, a pleasure to fly in.
Well 2-BYDF is now officially sold. Are you certain the D blades would have fit? I’m certain they wouldn’t and I doubt Sikorsky would even allow it. At least the new owner is hoping to be able to continue flying and maintaining her as a replacement for their present ‘non military’ aircraft.