PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Navy TexanT6 crash fatal 10-23
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2020, 20:03
Ugly Jet Captain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input. I was using LOC for loss of control. I really doubt they GLOC'd and flew for 6 minutes in a standard rate in terms of speed, descent rate, and heading towards an outlying field. There is one south of them that is used for training and it appears they left the box and were headed there. In terms of high key to the pattern they would have been heading down to about 2000 feet so they were on profile. It does not appear they were doing any high G maneuvering up until the OCF in the last two track reports. I did not carry the course changes into the last two entries but as mentioned it was about 1.65 degrees per second in the 60 second track (which is suspect with that large of a gap) and the, what I surmise to be a continued left, turn to 054 degrees at a rate of 5.75 which is steeper than a stand 3 degree per second standard rate. Again, the rapid descent from about 3500 feet to the ground in less than a minute is the question. There just isn't a lot going on prior to the OCF as there wouldn't be as they make an approach to a outlying field for entry and overhead. Hopefully an answer comes out. I just don't think from the data it is crew incapacitation.