PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying out of UK in current restrictions
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2020, 16:14
Mr Mac

Received 169 Likes on 104 Posts
Paul Lupp
Sorry a bit late to come back to you. In normal times myself and my wife flit between Munich and Yorkshire weekly / bi weekly. Her career and job (at which she is far better than I !) is based in the UK and she could not work in Germany without a lot of retraining (Law). She can work remotely from Germany, as we all do currently, and has done so pre covid. However, though we own our apartment there, her profession and industry is not classed as essential and she does not have a resident permit like myself, and therefore she would not be classed as essential travel. It is me who has been flying back and forth, though I have spent longer in the UK under the current lockdown restrictions than I normally do, but have continued to travel within Europe, and indeed down to the Gulf a few times, though I am getting tired of being tested for travel purposes (over 20 tests now). I do not find the test that invasive to be honest, its just the hassle of getting it done in the required time period. On the plus side the A380 back in the air and the bar is open