PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N1 - 0, N2 - 0 (737 argument with an instructor)
Old 17th Nov 2020, 14:28
emirares787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N1 - 0, N2 - 0 (737 argument with an instructor)

Hello, dear colleagues

Some month ago I had flew with a simulator session on B737CL as a first officer.
Everything went well and at some point I had an Engine Malfunction after V1. Seemed like an engine failure, I reacted very well and kept the aircraft on runway heading. Approaching to 800ft AGL I was told by the first officer that we have an engine failure. But, before making a decision on the actions I need to take, I studied the engine indications. So that is what I am sure of: N1 indicated 0, N2 indicated 0. I have been trained that this indicated an Engine Severe Damage, which made me call for a memory drill of the appropriate checklist.

But after that, I was interrupted by the instructor – stating that he gave me a simple engine failure. My argument about N1 and N2 indications being at point ZERO did not suit him, as it is not stated in any Boeing 737 Manual.

We did not find any agreement at that point. Please guys, any advices on the topic – except for the basic knowledge and some obvious facts.

Best regards!