PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB (H) UK November 2020
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2020, 14:36
aa777888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bell_ringer
With that number of lifts, how do you manage staying within max take off power limits?
After all, they didn't plan on that many movements per hour in the POH.
You know, that's a really good question, BR! I don't actually know the answer. I can't remember there being a duty cycle limit for 5 minute take-off power in the POH. A quick Google search turned up this thread right here in "Rotorheads" (and which I actually posted in!) In that thread there never was a definitive answer, other than to say it is an engine life limit and not a MRGB limit.

I can tell you that we don't fly above max. continuous, in the 5 minute take-off power regime, for very long. 30 seconds or a minute, maybe. However, there is no question that the aircraft is worked hard! As an owner of one of them I can tell you that I am concerned about making the full 2200 hours on the engine.

These op's are also rough on the aircraft in other ways. Dents, scuffs and scratches everywhere, inside and out. General cosmetic wear and tear. After the first season of this the eight year old carpet looked twelve years old. I ripped it out and put in a very nice utility floor kit from RAMM Aero. It added 7lbs to the empty weight but I'm pretty sure there was nearly 7lbs of dirt in that carpet! Everyone who sees it loves it, and it is a dream to keep clean, 5 minutes with a vacuum and a damp cloth