PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Pre-Flight Testing Help Restore International Travel?
Old 15th Nov 2020, 12:30
Radgirl

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Maxed-out you make some points that are correct but you need to see the bigger picture. Whatever the relevance of 1.3 million deaths (and add all the relatives and friends as well as economic loss to families and employers) there are also the excess deaths due to the closure of healthcare leading to many more early deaths from cancer and heart disease. Add in the economic costs which will cripple the world economy for years. You can argue these are due, at least in part, to governmental mismanagement but the reality is this virus will not go away. We can suppress it but without a vaccine or herd immunity it will continue and I cannot see world leaders change tack and say 'let it rip'. So a vaccine is indeed a saviour

My comments about fake news and anti vaxxers was purely objective. The Russians have allegedly been reporting the vaccine turns you into a monkey. It doesnt. We are not talking about people who have concerns, want more tests before licensing, but those telling lies. Fortunately it is not that important as we only need to vaccinate possibly 50% of the post pubertal population for true suppression.

I disagree with you about pharmaceutical profits and deteriorating ethics but we can have that discussion another day. Unless you have a better method of suppression to restore the economy, healthcare and our aviation industry worldwide please be grateful we have some way out.