PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2020, 10:17
The96er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HKGBOY
There is no evidence (as yet) that "herd immunity" is even such a thing for Covid - nor that the Biotec vaccine prevents virus transmission.
Virus protection might not even last long either & could require a booster every year- we simply do not know.

The new Singapore-Hong Kong air bubble is probably the first of many between low infected Asian countries. I cannot see Europeans being allowed anytime soon into Asian countries.

Vaccines are the only answer we have for now, & I'd be pretty sure China is working flat out on this.

Side effects of any of the vaccines are yet to be disclosed.

BTW- break Covid restrictions in Hong Kong will result in £2.5K fine AND 6 months in prison- court appearances are swift. As always in Asia compliance is extremely high. The weakness of European countries-particularly the UK, is poor compliance & enforcement of regulations.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/healt...ll-coronavirus
The problem with countries like HK (China) , NZ en’al is that they’ve backed themselves into a corner with adopting a zero COVID approach and will have to remain isolated forever!. Heard immunity almost certainly exists due in large looking at areas that were hit hard during the first wave, but have remained low during the second wave. The virus will run its course regardless of what action we take. What is most likely is that travel corridors amongst countries hit hard by COVID will begin to open up around early to mid summer with the acceptance that a certain level of the virus exists and is tolerated.

BTW - you seem happy to live within a totalitarian state ! Give me a county that values liberty and the ability to hold our leaders to account any day and where the people are not afraid (for the most part) of the ruling elite.