PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion desecrate cenotaph.
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2020, 23:46
BVRAAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Training Risky
Yes it does. Claiming the opposite is denying the obvious and makes you look foolish. The evidence is there for all to see. As I said, own it.

You are contradicting yourself again. The Gay pride movement is an intensely political movement which has now gained traction in Government and the media after years of political campaigning. It worked. The gay ban was lifted while I was still serving, so the battle was won! Done deal. Further flag waving and use of the flag at the Cenotaph is not only political and inappropriate, it is unnecessary.

​​
Those people are represented by ALL the tri-service wreaths. It is one big inclusive service commemorating ALL veterans, not just the ones you wish to bang your political drum for.

You are not challenging anything, just parading your poundshop sixth-form Antifa debating skills on said open forum...and making yourself look rather immature. If you do ever join, you may realise this. Edit: c.f. Your comments on Chris Loder MP having the whip removed for stepping in to remove the disgraceful political protest banner. Think on that.
​​​​​​
Here come the ad hominem attacks. Lovely.

There are two sides to every story and these people would argue that the fight for acceptance is far from "won." They are well within their right to lay a wreath for those who were forbidden from expressing pride in themselves, while still prepared to give their lives for a cause that they believed to be bigger than themselves.
I am banging no such political drum here. Your ANTIFA reference is so far off the mark, it's laughable.