PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion desecrate cenotaph.
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2020, 23:14
Training Risky

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BVRAAM
It still doesn't say what you claimed it said
Yes it does. Claiming the opposite is denying the obvious and makes you look foolish. The evidence is there for all to see. As I said, own it.

The Pride movement was intended to fight the stigma attached to members of the LGBT+ community from being open about their difference in sexual orientation. (Snip) Neither of which are political.
You are contradicting yourself again. The Gay pride movement is an intensely political movement which has now gained traction in Government and the media after years of political campaigning. It worked. The gay ban was lifted while I was still serving, so the battle was won! Done deal. Further flag waving and use of the flag at the Cenotaph is not only political and inappropriate, it is unnecessary.

​​
Look, I get it... you're uncomfortable with LGBT+ service personnel who have died on operations, being commemorated for their service. That's not entirely your fault, but when you express your discomfort on an open forum, you will be challenged over it. I don't care in the slightest how resentful you are of the fact. I do care about those who are still serving, though, and the message that will be sent to them by not challenging views such as those that you have expressed.
Those people are represented by ALL the tri-service wreaths. It is one big inclusive service commemorating ALL veterans, not just the ones you wish to bang your political drum for.

You are not challenging anything, just parading your poundshop sixth-form Antifa debating skills on said open forum...and making yourself look rather immature. If you do ever join, you may realise this. Edit: c.f. Your comments on Chris Loder MP having the whip removed for stepping in to remove the disgraceful political protest banner. Think on that.

Last edited by Training Risky; 14th Nov 2020 at 23:31.