PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion desecrate cenotaph.
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2020, 22:39
BVRAAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Training Risky
Your words. Not mine. So yes, you did. Own it.

I dont give a tinker's cuss for what you think is a moral imperative, or what you think people in an Armed Forces of which you know nothing care about.

I do care about Remembrance Day being hijacked for political stunts though. Which is the thread topic.

It still doesn't say what you claimed it said, and once again you are playing mental gymnastics because your very resistance to what you perceive to be a "political stunt" is an actual political stunt, performed by those with quite fundamentalist political agendas.
The Pride movement was intended to fight the stigma attached to members of the LGBT+ community from being open about their difference in sexual orientation. If the truth be told, in principle it's no different to the movement to raise awareness of mental health, another stigma that society is becoming increasingly aware of, and we will fight that one, too. Neither of which are political.

Look, I get it... you're uncomfortable with LGBT+ service personnel who have died on operations, being commemorated for their service. That's not entirely your fault, but when you express your discomfort on an open forum, you will be challenged over it. I don't care in the slightest how resentful you are of the fact. I do care about those who are still serving, though, and the message that will be sent to them by not challenging views such as those that you have expressed.