PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2020, 17:46
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LTNman
I am waiting for someone to come up with an alternative or are air corridors to limited destinations that change weekly the answer. When that happens the likes of Ryanair just hang on to the money and refuse refunds making any booking risky so deceasing the numbers of bookings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54776678
The alternative is to go back to a risk based, regional system - the more people are vaccinated, the risk recedes accordingly. Not everyone who gets on a plane, despite the best efforts of the right wing media to tell us otherwise, goes to Benidorm for a 2 week holiday. Since the start of 2019, I've flown around 90 times as SLF.

There doesn't need to be a whole population vaccinated to achieve herd immunity - only 3 in 4 at max. As soon as Coroni hasn't got a viable host to jump to, it dies out. As soon as the over 80s and all of those with underlying health issues are vaccinated, the death numbers will go through the floor.

The industry cannot survive another summer like last. BAW for example have enough cash to last them another 3 quarters. WZZ and RYR didn't lose a lot in the first half of the year, however they have lost out on a lot of next year's revenue by deferring this years. EZY probably have enough cash to last them another 6-9 months.

No disrespect, but may I ask what your job is in this industry? We almost should be setting an example by willing to get on board and showing that air travel isn't the boogie man at present. Your posts on this forum always seem to be constantly negative and anti-migration.