PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC in context
Thread: AAC in context
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2020, 15:04
Two's in
Below the Glidepath - not correcting

Received 60 Likes on 18 Posts
Nothing new with the AAC piss-taking, but I did like the PQO section:

PQOs, Professionally Qualified Officers. Not technically a capbadge (and should really include other ranks) but a mix of various groups. These are doctors, dentists, veterinarians, padres, physios, lawyers, etc that a fighting force needs to operate. They need to be qualified as per their civilian counterparts, so the Army pays them more money to attract and keep them. They also have to go on a truncated basic course to look military and to ensure they do not accidentally shoot anyone. They do not give a **** about rank, literally could not care less. They know there is a job in big wide world anytime they need it but stay in military for the ****s and giggles. Outrageous party animals, untouchable and popular usurpers of officialdom. Fight each other when drunk.
P.S. My favorite PQO story, although I'm sure completely apocryphal, was of the Dentist type working at Odiham who ended up having to cover at Lossiemouth for a few weeks. On her return to Odiham, she was asked how the social life compared and reportedly said "Oh, the Mess was fun but for some reason they don't wear their medals with their mess dress..."