PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion desecrate cenotaph.
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2020, 08:40
kghjfg

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by highflyer40
The act in question is very subjective. A man very delicately (watch the video) stepping around the wreathes to place his a wreath just like others had. It had four words on it that on the face of it weren’t offensive (but otherwise a very respectful wreath).

I also have the feeling that if some LGBT daughter of a vet had placed a rainbow wreath we would be having the same argument.
No sane person would have done what he did, if you wanted to place a wreath at the cenotaph, you’d be respectful and add your wreath to the other wreaths.

When you go to a funeral, do you step carefully through the flowers to make sure yours are definitely at the top/centre and most prominent place ? Definitely on the top of the coffin where no one else has placed a wreath.

You probably do! Maybe that’s why you see no problem in this act. There’s a lot of people saying “Me first”, usually XR types.

I’d really like to slash his tyres on his car as a protest. Funny how XR people have cars !
The hypocrisy is outstanding, it’s YOU who shouldn’t have a car, not them.

If any of the squadrons placing wreaths at the cenotaph had acted like that we would also behaving this same conversation, we’d be saying “Did you see the way those arrogant twats from 2nn squadron acted”

So in your eyes, it’s ok if XR act like this, but not ok for everyone else?

Funny thing is, if they’d laid it respectfully that would have been fine in my eyes.

if a rainbow wreath had been placed respectfully no one here would mind or notice (except you of course, who would seem to have a problem with it)