PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2020, 04:07
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr A Tis
Nuisance 79- note: Saliva tests have been in use at HKG airport for months. results are available in 4 hours.

I hope the Government are considering a vaccination certificate, as I would have thought, a way to start to allow international travel more freely, would be a vaccination certificate, in the way you need one for Yellow Fever.
I can only see the start of any recovery for concerts, theatres & international travel to be available for those having a vaccine certificate. It's not ideal- but if it enables the opening up of "normal" life then so be it, until such time as better solutions come along.
..in combination with other means.

It appears clear to me that the very youngest in society will not get this vaccine for a very long time, if at all (there is no need to jab 25% of the population to gain herd immunity). There shouldn’t be a simple vaccination or not policy, although I can see governments going for it especially in the APAC region.

Clearly a vaccine should be a golden ticket to a normal life but if the numbers dwindle significantly in terms of cases or deaths, that needs to also be the time the world reopens.