PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 14th Nov 2020, 01:27
Global Aviator

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Transition Layer
Australians have been forced to hide in our little corner of the world during COVID, due to some of the harshest border restrictions anywhere in the world. Suppression somehow became
elimination along the way, for better or worse.

I believe this will make us the most reluctant to travel until we can be absolutely certain about the effectiveness of a vaccine and given it time to prove itself on a world scale. We have become scared of the big bad world out there, and that will have a hangover effect even once the vaccine is available. We are probably more likely to get an increase in inbound pax before outbound, as vaccinated Poms and Yanks visit the safe haven of Australia.

I hope I’m wrong, but so many Aussies are petrified of this virus that almost exclusively kills elderly people and/or those with co-morbidities. I don’t see International travel rapidly bouncing back.
Let’s hope your wrong, I reckon as soon as Aussies can travel they will travel. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if Bali opened tomorrow flights would be full. Aussies maybe scared of the Billy Ray but it won’t stop travellers. It may stop the cruise ship market! Sure not all sectors will bounce back fast but I for one reckon the tourist sector will.