PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a Pilot YouTuber...
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2020, 23:53
nigelsomers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuel-Off
He was warned many times by HR about his insta nonsense, but kept at it. All came crashing down when he was sacked from a Middle East airline for cheating on an exam. Somehow managed to get a job with Tiger and didn't pass his line training. Can't put too many of life's failures on instagram, it's bad for getting followers. The other (in)famous insta Pilot, PilotPatrick was sacked from his A300 captain gig with DHL after posting himself with the brand new Aston Martin which wasn't to be released to the public until the launch of the new James Bond film. Needless to say some heavyweights were rather pissed (including, but not limited to MGM, Aston and DHL) and he was summarily sacked. He hasn't flown for another carrier since (this was all pre-Covid and he flew for a freighter company - a position coveted by many now these days).

This can destroy careers. I would advise against it. Some companies have incredibly strict policies on camera use in the cockpit. By all means take photos of all your adventures, but do what most pilots do, keep it private.

Fuel-Off
It says on PilotPatrick's profile that he's a Captain? Is that wrong? I am new to this industry but I don't understand why there is so much negativity and push back against Pilot Instagrammers and Youtube pilots. I like Missionary Pilot. His videos are awesome! He's probably inspired alot of people to get into aviation and learn to fly. I don't see that as negative as the rest of the people in this thread with their negative spins on it.