PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 13th Nov 2020, 05:08
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Update from the Ombudsman

Our ref: 2019-713834

Dear Mr Buckley

I refer to our investigation of your complaint about the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).

I apologise for the delay in completing our investigation of this matter and in responding to your recent email.

At the outset, I also wish to acknowledge the significant personal toll I understand these issues have had and continue to have on you.

In your most recent email you asked that we consider postponing any further investigation of matters that are not related to the termination of your employment. In my view, the adverse effect of this whole issue upon yourself and the long-running nature of the dispute, means it is in everyone’s interest that we do not postpone our investigation. However, I accept it would be helpful to finalise our consideration of the initial issue you raised with our Office first – this being the issue of CASA’s email of August 2019.

While I don’t see a good reason to postpone our consideration of the other issues, I appreciate that you would like the opportunity to discuss these matters with us before we complete our assessment. I will make sure that you have the opportunity to discuss these matters with us before any final decisions are made. Depending on your availability, I am hopeful we can arrange a time to speak over the phone next week. Please let me know if there are any times next week that you may be available to take a call.

Kind regards