PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2020, 16:53
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know not directly related to CWL but I think adds to the whole ‘success and growth of Jet2/H’ - this is an appalling way to treat suppliers - many of whom will be small family businesses and I think demonstrates an abuse of their dominance. I get they are struggling but in the same way they made customers wait and chase for refunds through the summer they are now doing the same to hoteliers (I have no idea if Jet2 are employing similar tactics).

This wont engender loyalty from either suppliers or customers and will drive people to alternates like Jet2. Why would you want to do more business (than you absolutely have to) with an organisation that behaves in such a way. Can they renege on contracts like this ? it is extraordinary times for them but it is for consumers and suppliers too who don’t have access to billions in state aid.

my point is that these kinds of actions can only drive more people - customers, agents and suppliers to want to do business with those organisations who play fair. My personal view is that TUI are doing some real damage to their brand and relationships.

https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/artic...layed-payments