PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion desecrate cenotaph.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2020, 10:47
ORAC
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...

Received 1,597 Likes on 733 Posts
https://order-order.com/2020/11/12/w...reath-removal/

Chris Loder, the MP for West Dorset has this morning confirmed he was the parliamentarian who yesterday evening removed the Extinction Rebellion protest wreath from the Cenotaph as Guido exclusively reported last night.

Loder has is passionate about this, half the MP’s tweets this month have been dedicated to remembrance, and the Cenotaph was even built with stone from his own constituency. The 2019 intake MP told Guido:

“I could not stand by and watch our Remembrance Day for those who died in war, and to whom we owe so much, be hijacked for a political stunt by this far-left outfit. This was totally wrong, and I believed the wreath should be removed.”

“This week, thousands of veterans and members of the armed forces have stayed away from the Cenotaph in our national effort to control coronavirus. For political protestors to take advantage of this situation is disrespectful to our servicemen and women, past and present. I want them to know that I am on their side and will support them all the way”.