PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion desecrate cenotaph.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2020, 07:28
Asturias56

Received 364 Likes on 213 Posts
"That out of the way this above post is so 50’s. Who cares if they are supported by communists, Buddhists, or the pope himself. This is the 21st century and I think we are beyond the “Red Scare”.

HF40 if you look at my posting history you'll see I'm no red-baiter and that I believe that climate change is happening and is a big issue

XR started out as a group of people who believed in direct action against climate change - I'm no fan of direct action when there are other avenues to follow but that's what they were. In the last year or so they have been infiltrated by those who want to turn it into another anti-capitalist, anti- business, anti-police action group. The idea is of course to provoke retaliation and radicalise the membership on other issues. It isn't a "Red Scare" - its what is actually happening - the YCLUK is on record telling it's members to join XR for this very reason.

The real issue is that XR turn off more and more people (even Greenpeace deals with them using a very long pole) and they damage the whole climate change debate