PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 10th Nov 2020, 22:15
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FightDeck
Your assumption is that international flying returns to the same levels as pre Covid.
Yes, hence why I said “once we start moving beyond Covid recovery” and in a previous post said about the training “The only question is whether that is mid next year, the year after, or the year after that.” You’re suggesting that international travel will remain less than pre Covid? What’s your time frame? 3 years? 5 years? 10? Eventually air travel will increase beyond ‘pre Covid’ and when that time comes Qantas needs more airframes. Personally I reckon that’s under five years.

Perhaps we won’t get 50 787s anymore with the A350 coming down range and being slightly bigger and with slightly longer legs than the 787. We still need to replace international A330s eventually and the 787 or 350 will be the machine to do that. A 787 with a config of 290-300 pax (instead of the set up designed specifically for those ULH missions similar to PER-LHR) is still likely the natural successor to the A330 on SE Asian routes.

Originally Posted by knobbycobby
There Will not be many retirements for a while either. The VR and ER has flushed out the majority that were thinking of going in the next 5 years anyway.
Not many people have realised this.
Really? Most people I’ve spoken to are all too aware that their seniority will take a massive jump next year and then will barely move for the next five years after that.