PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 10th Nov 2020, 21:56
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Brutus
I hear that the A330-200s are presently undergoing an FM upgrade to allow expanded EROPS. The plan being to send them BNE - LAX and PER - JNB.

Is there any truth to this idle speculation and gossip?
Yes and no. Some A332s require an FM upgrade to meet something or other- can’t remember what exactly. As a result of this upgrade they will be able to undertake extended ETOPS. So they’re not being done specifically for these routes but the fact that they get the upgrade means that they can now do those routes.

I’ve heard those two routes along the grape vine. There are some others being looked at also. The increased GW is also rumoured.

As Wingspar alludes to, many of the A330 routes being considered I suspect are only for a short(ish) period of time- perhaps under a year- until demand returns and either more 787s come on board, the A380s get going again, or A350s turn up and change the plans again. I wouldn’t expect the long term plan would be for the A332 to operate BNE-LAX-BNE year after year.