PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2020, 14:56
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe
Hinkles is on record as saying they don't want to expand massively south of the border, and that they will operate to other parts of the UK only where it's a safe bet due to clear market need (in normal times), the routes from EDI/GLA to SOU being a prime example (as they were trunk routes for Flybe), aswell as others into MAN, BHX, BHD (and to a lesser extent BRS, EXT and NQY). This does seem to go against that strategy a bit.
Well remembered. There are definitely some ex BE routes that would seem much better picks if they want to expand south of the boarder. This strikes me as a very strange move that could potentially result in them shooting themselves in the foot. Whilst they won the battle with BE on their Scottish routes, it cost them many millions of pounds in the process. Whilst T3 are probably more of a pushover without BE backing them up, it seems LM have learnt nothing from their previous battle. Both will be losers out of this latest battle, as before, with the reward being a few routes out of an airport that has hardly had a history of having a business case for many routes. It could also be akin to kicking a hornets nest in motivating T3 to start competing on other LM routes in retaliation. I cannot see the business case for this especially during the times we find ourselves in. The only other option is that LM were approached by the mayor, in which case I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole if that’s the sort of loyalty he shows to T3.