PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cert IV TAE and RPL
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2020, 09:05
Andy_G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did a full TAE40116 cert IV inTraining and assesment last year, online and F2F.
I also did parts of the old and now defunct TAE40110 a few years ago, plus Ive been working a bit a couple of years ago doing some vocational training, but that had little contribution to getting some RPL, i think i was granted a unit or two.
I also did the old BZB qualification for the cert IV back in 2003, which was a one week course, pretty simple back then.
These days its quite a difficult course, with a few class mates (who had teaching degrees) complaining that this was harder/crappier.
Advice- prepare to start mostly from scratch unless you can proove recent and current industry experience in vocational training, if not, "pass go and do not collect 200 dollars"
Allocate 12 months to doing it online, attempt to have in done in six months if you can. Recommend you find a good balance of online/F2F. I did 95 % online and the rest F2F, that is a little crappy. Better to go to some classes to knock off the group/team work.
Cost is north of a grand.
Im curently doing a business type degree and I think that is a bit easier to get your head around than the new cert IV. We really dont know the meaning of pragmatism in this country any more I think.

Best of luck ol' chap,