PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 10th Nov 2020, 00:51
C441

Received 117 Likes on 47 Posts
Why would that be surprising? If a 380 Captain is 57 then he can't access his super until he is 59.
17 are 59 or under as of today. Of those less than 10 are 57 or under and a few of them did take the VR offered.

So in two years time when the international flying starts getting sorted out he can resume his career on either the 787 or 330 if the 380's are not flying anymore.
Assuming of course, that there are positions available on those fleets. Depending upon the outcome of almost certain legal challenges, these Pilots may still be stood-down at that time.

Remember the first rule of dealing with an emergency, sit on your hands.
As most of the A380 Captains haven't flown since mid to late March, I think they've had adequate time to sit on their hands and survey the 'emergency'. They also had a month to digest the VR figures if they requested them.

Anyway, that some chose to 'bat-on' didn't surprise me, the number that did surprised me but perhaps not others including you. So be it…...