PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Life After Flying
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2020, 07:29
nickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Private jet
A lot of Airline types suddenly now thinking Corporate aviation is the promised land and that they are superbly "qualified" to do it. Delusion, on a mass scale. Firstly, the number of opportunities are tiny and secondly please, please, please go get a job in a supermarket, you will be much more suited to that way of life.
Started my career in corporate OPS 25 years ago, private owner, great experience for a couple of years, till I transitioned to airlines. Reason was mainly money and career, as both of them were non existent in that context although I am well aware there are plenty of well paid well handled Corporate Ops.

Quick feedback having seen both sides of the spectrum : You can quickly train an experienced airline Captain coming from a respectable airline to the required mindset of corporate OPS. The tech part is obviously granted.
The other way around does not work. I have trained on the A330/A340 and A380 plenty of super hero G550/G650 guys who had flown the world's most important super stars and politicians and were expecting a direct left seat position because of that but soon realized (sometimes the hard way) that it does not work that well.