PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2020, 18:56
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
LHR doesn’t charge to drop passengers off. They have an ANPR system which will fine you for picking passengers up at the drop off point but there are not long queues. If they want to make money off passengers fair enough but let’s not make this out like it is necessary to control the terrible queues caused when no charge is in place because that doesn’t happen at far busier airports.
LHR car parks are more expensive than EDI and the airport in general has more expensive offerings when it comes to shops and food, so LHR most certainly wants to make money off passengers too. I also seem to remember at LHR they had wardens scaring away people who were picking up outside the terminal and signs stating it was for drop off only. When I was staff there around about the time the new T2 opened I had a warden threaten to have my staff car park pass revoked because I'd gone to pick up my then girlfriend from the terminal after her shift at 11pm one night in the pouring rain. He ranted about how it wasn't a pick up zone and as staff I shouldn't even be using the kerbside facility.