PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shall I train to be a Pilot?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2020, 17:05
TheBat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea how Theholdingpoint came up with that conclusion on his reply to me. Nowhere in my post did I say nor implied anything about fraud or false advertising, when I was talking about car dealers, estate agents, etc. Oh, well...

Back to the original subject of this thread:
I couldn't agree more with what DontBeStupid says, although I believe (and hope) that the recovery will come slightly sooner.
Even though I am one of the lucky few who still have a flying job, I would certainly strongly advise against taking this path atm. If someone insists (and I was talking to one like that the other day), I would say that they should get a degree or something similar (or keep their current jobs), and re-think the whole thing in 2-3 years time, when the picture will be a lot clearer. There's nothing to loose in the meantime. Even then, I would advise a slow modular path, since Integrated is a very different story and certainly a no-no.
Flying schools can say whatever they like, as long as they are not promising anything that they cannot actually deliver. They can bull**** all day long. Anyone with the right mind can assess the current situation and make his/her own conclusions and decisions. But yes, my advice is the opposite of the famous sport goods campaign: DON'T DO IT (now).