PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA Advises against becoming a pilot
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2020, 20:43
spitfirejock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All we needed is for BALPA to stick the knife in......what load of twoddle!

Let ensure ALL ATO's go out of business, all flight instructors lose their jobs, all training aircraft get scrapped after not being used for 2 years...let's just give up.

Yes I agree (as per all my other posts on this forum) paying 100K+ for training is insane today......but this was always close to insane anyway, and completely unnecessary. Spend no more than half that. BALPA (and everyone else) didn't care then and didn't offer advice or caution then, they were encouraging people to just go for it. It was almost like World War 11, "your'e country needs you", except it was "airlines are desperate for pilots" so you can't go wrong.

We all need to take a breath and take a cautiously optimistic approach to training. The vaccine will come soon and attitudes will change, but dent go crazy and don't get sucked in. Take one step at time but don't stop. I, like many others will repeat, Go Modular, pay only small amounts upfront, stop training anytime you want based on how you feel about things, don't sign a fancy contract with huge commitments to finish or get nothing...and above all enjoy your flying and focus on the dream after all, life would be miserable without something to look forward to and work towards.