PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How quickly it can go wrong
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2020, 20:28
ericferret

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by roscoe1
I know the skid gear removal shown was not the first, or second time this has been done and in theory if the pilot is smooth and willing to take the risk it is not complicated. But I think that in the grand scheme of things it is almost as dumb as why they had to change the skid gear in the first place. I will admit, that it is a pain in the butt to pull 206 series landing gear if you have to use jacks, but had they ever heard of a boom truck?

Back a few years, when working EMS, a company I will not name ( initials CJS) advised their bases to round up some matresses and hay bales in case there was a landing gear problem that might result in a tough situation during landing. Everybody said " no, we aren't going to do that, thanks for the suggestion". That concept vanished. Best to watch that from a distance if youre lucky enough to not be the one flying.
A number of years back a 206 had a set of skids changed in the hover at Blackpool in England.. The aircraft a crop sprayer hit the crop/ground leaving the gear a tangled mess under the aircraft. I think at least one refuel was involved.
Aircraft landed successfully.