PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buenos Aires / Argentina
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2020, 14:07
pistongone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told to get your Argentine ticket would take about a month, pre virus days! The Argentinians are expert at wasting time. They are not known as "Gnocchi's" for nothing😁 I went with the safety pilot as it was much easier. Obviously my partner speaks Spanish, but she couldn't work the radio and the potential confusion is obvious. So you need to speak Spanish at most non international airports, similar to the français seulement at many French airfields. It is a coincidence you are going to Cordoba and you are from Frankfurt, my partners sister works for the Argentine Space agency, CONAE, building their Satellites in Cordoba and they are talking of sending her to Germany for some project. Are you connected in that industry by any chance?
As far as airfields around Cordoba goes, I only know of two plus the International one and there's no GA there! La Cumbre airfield (Appx 45km NW of SACO) seems to be a training base on Pipistrel Alphas and a parachuting centre. They seem to have a Mooney but that would require a few hours check out I would assume etc etc. Aeródromo Alta Gracia appx 42km SW of SACO, has this fb page, https://www.facebook.com/aeroclubalt...dmin_todo_tour,
not sure what's on offer there, but may be able to get the Mrs to send a mail if you're interested? Her family are building a house and a few rental cabins 30km west of Cordoba by Lago San Roque, so I will be going there sometime in the near future too. But not before March unfortunately! I am really not enamoured at the thought of 15 hrs on a jet wearing a mask though 🤔
From Europe you will probably fly into Ezeiza unless you get a connection en-route, in which case you may fly to Cordoba bypassing Buenos Aires? I would plan it to land at Ezeiza and make a few days spare there to fly out of Tolosa and then carry on to Cordoba, or the reverse depending on timings? Aero Parque is a nice smaller airport in the centre of Buenos Aires similar to London City and they fly to Cordoba from there and the flights are very cheap, like the loco's here.
If you need any more info nearer the date, just ask no problem.
👍

Last edited by pistongone; 7th Nov 2020 at 14:10. Reason: Clarify info!