PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shall I train to be a Pilot?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2020, 08:03
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would call it capitalism. When you buy cigarettes in the shop, does the shop keeper tell you "better don't, mate, they're really harmful"? Same goes for flight schools. A training organisation doesn't sell jobs, it only sells vocational training. If you feel like buying their product, nobody is going to ask for your reasoning about it.

And, as for the adverts of "there has never been a better time to train" - everyone needs to accept that there's nothing to substantiate those words in bad and good times alike. The same was said back in 2018 and 2019, when aviation was booming. So what? Those who started back then and are graduating now find themselves with no job prospects anytime soon. There are only good times to finish training, but there's never a good time to start as you never know what will the market look like once you have finished. It's a gamble - and you need to be financially prepared for it. I.e. don't do anything stupid like remortgaging the family house and have an alternative plan of making a living if flying turns out not to be an option for a long time after you get the ticket.