PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 6th Nov 2020, 22:28
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by krismiler
Generally, the first step is to offer ER and VR. After that, if they still still haven't got the required numbers, then it's CR.
Technically they only need to consider VR and other alternatives before going to CR.

But managing a surplus involves exhausting leave, RIN, LWOP, Secondment and a whole bunch of other measures before CR is used. The surplus will be in certain categories, namely the 747 as that definitely isn’t returning. That will probably be a RIN on paper as training cannot be conducted. Then the process of redeployment and displacement would occur. One could say the most junior pilots, 787 and 330 SO, will be some of the first to return to regular operation.

As management have repeatedly stated the current surplus will be managed by stand downs in the short/mid term and the VR and ER in the long term. As announced no need for further redundancies, Voluntary or otherwise.

Originally Posted by krismiler
A few months ago I posted that QF was in a strong enough position to avoid redundancies, and unlike Virgin, would be able to survive this crisis relatively unscathed due to its solid financial state. Back in May, I doubt anyone expected this crisis to still be going on as the end of the year approaches.
They’ve stated mid year that their current cash flow at the time would see them survive until end 2021. Now with the domestic network starting to return, 50% by Xmas and most sometime next year that stretches that out. One could say as the domestic network is the main cash cow then that will sort out the long term issues. Another sign there’s no imminent financial problem is that the VRs have all been approved, I think if they were tight for cash they wouldn’t pay out packages they weren’t legally required to pay.

Last edited by dr dre; 6th Nov 2020 at 23:31.