PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2020, 19:26
olster

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Edinburgh car park charge shock horror

Once again commuted up from a not as empty as predicted Terminal 5 on the former national carrier to Turnhouse. This time not imprisoned for 55 minutes prior to disembarkation and I enjoyed my sea salt crisps and water. As usual my wife picked me up from the drop off zone. This normally takes military precision in terms of timing due to the ever increasing charge courtesy of the enlightened management at Edinburgh airport. However unbeknownst to me there is a tiered charge and our timings this evening were a little off. The car was there for 12 minutes and the charge was wait for it 10 pounds!! Yes you read that right 10 quid for waiting just over 10 minutes.

My last post ref the absence of steps at Edi attracted a mixed reception. I wrote it like this one in a.humorous vein but with a serious underbelly. I am sure we can mainly agree that these Edinburgh car park charges are ludicrous. The aviation industry is in the doldrums and the Edinburgh approach in the face of economic Armageddon is to increase the car park charge. Please don’t read this if you are disinterested. The gist of my previous thread attracted a fair amount of ‘ why are we talking about this while we have the covid crisis, millions are dying etc’ and ‘ moderators ‘ take down this thread ‘ etc I do agree that what is happening to aviation is beyond terrible and tragic in terms of the economic impact but charging 10 pounds for a pick up is ridiculous.

cheers