PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilot re-employment ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2020, 16:51
patty50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m a soon to be made redundant airline employee (non-pilot) and the job market in Sydney is looking pretty good. A number of my colleagues have found new work in decent jobs that don’t involve driving or shelf stacking. Relocating for most simply isn’t a viable option.

I think for many spamming job ads could be the way to go. There are so many random things out there these days that you will be tangentially qualified for that you’ve never even heard of. Set up a very vague seek job alert and look through what you like. Apply to everything interesting, the worst they can do is say no.

Obviously you’ll need a good story for why you won’t rush off in 5 minutes but the downsides of long haul flying aren’t difficult to explain.

My impression of late is that employers seem to be keen to swallow up airline employees knowing that by and large they are hard workers with heads screwed on straight. They know why you’re in the predicament you are in, many are sympathetic and will give you the benefit of the doubt.