PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP Class rating in PORTUGAL
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2020, 11:19
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrAverage
For that volume of training I would have estimated £1200 to £1500 including the test fee (in a Piper Archer). I imagine you haven't flown an SEP for a number of years?
Great to get some confirmation on this from others, thank you. Yes, you're right, I haven't flow SEP real world for prob a decade (but I've done my fair share (a lot!) on the computer simulators) and I've flown Caravans professionally (10y ago though). In current duty on biz jets (well as current as the Covid-19 allows!). I'm not anticipating a great deal of issues in returning to SEPs - and mostly, training is never a negative - I was just not expecting the syllabus as presented, but after researching and thinking a bit more about it, it's probably a reasonable plan and quotation. However, and even more importantly, the same training facility is apparently offering FI courses in the coming months - so I'd need to do the 5h SEP anyways to prior to doing the entry assessment. Let's see. Thanks for chipping in with the perspective - appreciate it.

Last edited by Klimax; 6th Nov 2020 at 14:09.