PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying for free to build hours
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2020, 01:59
neville_nobody

Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts
Agreed. Go on Neville, tell us where you got your free hours. Scab
I have never worked for free or paid for commercial operations. When I was younger I was probably more of persuasion that people who did it were scabs ruining the industry etc so I never did it and took the 'honourable' route. Only to watch people work for free (including sky diving) and those who bought twin time (or managed to have it already through family connections) especially; do really well out of it. Meanwhile all the "honourable" pilots were still in GA while all the so called scabs were flying in airlines. Sure operators appreciated that you did it the "right way" but they still didn't hire you. "Get XYZ experience then give me a call"

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here.
So it's criminal to work for free as a pilot but OK to work for free as a plumber or accountant or LAME?? In fact those guys used to annoy me more. It was like just having a commercial license and few hours wasn't enough, you needed to have some other totally unrelated qualification that took 3-4 years to obtain just so you might get a shot a flying some clapped out aircraft.

Last edited by neville_nobody; 6th Nov 2020 at 06:20.