PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 5th Nov 2020, 22:55
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those who where given the forced 1 year unpaid leave:

Think about this VERY carefully. As tempting as it may be to stay in DXB with a hopeful idea that your job may be there in a year, it could be a very dangerous decision. You could very well be faced with a termination letter one year forward and depending on EK, (if they are still solvent at that point) may have no easy access to your provident fund.

Read between the lines, follow your intuition and keep your eyes wide open. Personally, I have always pegged EK as "full of BS, spin and fantasy" at the best of times, imagine how they will be when under attack of bankruptcy.

Although I left well before this pandemic hit, I still know many fine folks who are still there and feel for their circumstance. Having said that, a potential loss of your retirement funds in a country that makes up the rules to suit them as it sees fit only serves them while ruining others.

Just a thought, suggestion or idea to those who have so much on their plate right now; Take the "bird in hand" and run! Take your retirement fund and run...fast and far. Then, invest it in your home country then tell EK that you love them and would love to come back and fly in a year if they want to have you (give them the same BS they just gave you)...this way you control the game, not them.

Best of luck to all.